Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Bombs in the Basement - 7/7/16

Somehow I learned to make explosives in the basement when I was a kid. I can now see how the parents of Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris might not have any idea what their kids were planning, as I managed to keep this under wraps from my Mom, who otherwise seemed to have extra-sensory powers able to divine what I was up to. I made small fertilizer bombs, utilizing the same ingredients that McVeigh used to blow up that building in Oklahoma. Mine were of course much smaller, the size of liquor bottle minis. If everything went as planned though they made a sizable bang. I enlisted the aid of my erstwhile partner and neighbor Alex. I remember going to hobby shops and general stores to get the ingredients and mashing everything together in the basement. I lit one off in the road in front of the shrink's house down the street, and I think it was that explosion that made him think I had mental issues. He managed to convince my Mom that I needed to see a shrink. If I had never made a homemade explosive and lit it off in front of the shrink's house, would my life have taken a different turn? Or at least if I had waited until July 4th to light them off, when such explosions might be more sanctioned? Why wasn't I commended for managing to cook something like that up all on my own, long before the internet made it easy to find stuff like that out?

No comments:

Post a Comment