Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Onibar - 9/26/16

Another thing that you didn't know about me: I sleep-walked (slept-walked?) at one of the many sleep-away summer camps I went to. It might have been at Camp Onibar. "Onibar" was the name of the camp owners spelled backward, "Rabino". It was a Jewish kosher camp that my father had went to. For some reason I only went there one summer. Besides the sleepwalking the main thing that stands out about the camp were the huge baseball card "free-for-alls" where they would toss hundreds of baseball cards off the balconies of the cabins and all the campers would scurry around to pick them up. By the end of the summer I had a substantial baseball card collection, even though before that summer and afterwards I never gave a crap about baseball cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment