Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Woman Who Didn't Buy Paper Plates and Paper Towels - 11/11/16

Last night I was at the grocery store and this woman was buying A LOT of paper plates and paper towels. I put my stuff on the conveyor belt behind her. Slowly I realized that something was wrong. The lady was holding up her cell phone which had earplugs plugged in but they were dangling. It appeared that she was keeping someone on the phone appraised of the situation. The cashier languidly picked up a sales flyer and started flipping through it. The lady buying the paper products was sure that they were on sale but didn't know the price. The cashier would languidly flip through the sales flyer and slowly bag another stack of paper plates. The packages of paper towels were too huge to even bag. I asked what was going on. The cashier says that she was trying to find out if the stuff was on sale. Finally a manager comes over, grabs another sales flyer, and starts flipping through it. At this point I give up and take my stuff to the do it yourself checkout. As I'm leaving the store I look over my shoulder and the paper goods lady is still waiting at the cashier. I'm about halfway to my car when the paper goods lady comes running out of the store with nothing- no bags. She runs to this huge van, jumps in, and speeds out of the parking lot before I'm in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment